BestSync Outlook Questions

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mcjathan

BestSync Outlook Questions

Post by mcjathan »

Greetings,

I've been reading about BestSync / Outlook on the BestSync website:

http://www.risefly.com/SyncOutlook_howto.htm

At the bottom of the webpage, it says: "Before setup Outlook task, please ensure you have setup an email account in Outlook, and Outlook works fine."

I don't use email in Outlook. Initially, I did setup Outlook with a gmail account but recently I deleted the email account. So, I now have an Outlook profile with no email. I want to sync contacts, calendar, todos, and notes. Will BestSync work with a no-email Outlook profile?

A 2nd questions: Also at the bottom of the webpage is says: "BestSync 32bit version can only synchronize with Outlook 32bit version. BestSync 64bit version can only synchronize with Outlook 2010 64bit version."

I have mix of 32 and 64 bit operating systems and applications. Here's exactly what I have:

Workstation #1:
•Windows 7 Professional x64
•BestSync Ver7.3.1.0 x64
•Outlook 2007 x32

Workstation #2:
•Windows XP Professional x32
•BestSync Ver7.3.1.0 x32
•Outlook 2007 x32

I want to sync Outlook between these two machines using our FTP server.

Will this 32-bit and 64-bit mix work or not?

Regards,

Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: BestSync Outlook Questions

Post by RiseFly »

Because the contacts, calendar, todo etc are saved in the default store. Outlook needs an account to initialize this default store. So Please setup an email account first.
Because 32 bit Outlook must use 32 bit application to access it. So if you installed Office Outlook 2007 32 bit in 64bit OS, you must install BestSync 32 bit to synchronize with it.
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

Please, a followup question regarding BestSync and Outlook email: Does it matter to BestSync whether or not the email account in Outlook is POP3 or IMAP?

Regards,

Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The email account does not matter to the default message store. But for the other message store, you must create the same message store in the "Option" setting (Data file).