BestsynchFTP How do i prevent tmpmdmt.htm writing to ftps?

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Yoshua

BestsynchFTP How do i prevent tmpmdmt.htm writing to ftps?

Post by Yoshua »

Hello, i am currently using BestSync 2012 Deutsche Version Ver7.3.3.0(32Bit) with Ultimate License and i am trying to download from work ftps to my home computer. Only one way! From external source to my hdd.
But i can not get rid of the "feature" that writes /tmpmdmt.htm in each and every folder, every time. I am not allowed to write on our ftp and i do not want to appear in the log files with a thousand error messages per month. :)

What i did so far:
I went to the advanced options and set the time zone of the ftp manually. I also un-checked the "automatic" detection feature for the time zone. Yet Bestsynch STILL writes the /tmpmdmt.htm
I used your advice from here http://www.risefly.com/forrum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=719 (but there was not even a RiseFly Key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\....) so i created a DWORD setting in the according tree.
I also created the same DWORD in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\.....

Thanks for looking into this!
Yoshua

Re: BestsynchFTP How do i prevent tmpmdmt.htm writing to ftp

Post by Yoshua »

Follow up on my own report:

I installed Bestynch on a windows xp!! machine. The directory structure was created on windows xp and when i added the dword value DonotDetectServerFeature = 1 the program stopped writing files on the ftp, as intended.

Why is this not possible with modern systems. I guess no one would want to run XP as a server in 2013. ;)

Can it be fixed on Windows 7 32mbit or 64bit systems?

There sure must be other users with the need of a way of synching without touching a source server's filesystem?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: BestsynchFTP How do i prevent tmpmdmt.htm writing to ftp

Post by RiseFly »

Please try the following key:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RiseFly\BestSync 2013
DonotDetectServerFeature= 1 (DWORD)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------