Keeps making full backup

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
avt

Keeps making full backup

Post by avt »

Hello,
still evaluating your product to find out if it can meet my demands. I have a problem when I set up a sync job where I choose some folders on the local side (my computer etc.) and back it up thru webdav on a NAS. No problem so far and no problem with making the first full copy from the PC to the NAS. But then when it resyncs and I believe should only make a incremental backup of new files and of changed files then it seems that almost everything is backed up again. I have tried different settings in the "filter" menu of the backup job but can not seem to find the correct settings. I would believe that if I tick the setting with "only scan the source folder to detect if files are changed" then it should only look on the local side for changes. This doesn't fully seem to work as most files are being copied again and again.

Do you have a solution for my problem

Regards.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Keeps making full backup

Post by RiseFly »

The problem is because the WebDAV server does not support copying the last-modified time of uploaded file to the server side.
BestSync supports this kind of server, but please check if the time difference of the system time between the local PC and the WebDAV server is less than 30 seconds.
avt

Post by avt »

OK - is there a workaround to solve that problem, since the clients backup over the internet the time will most likely not be within 30 seconds. Wouldn't the "only scan source files" solve that problem?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

My mean of the time is the GMT time, you can avoid this problem by just correct the local time of your PC.