BestSync 2013: Problems with syncronizing Outlook items

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
BramvanLeeuwen

BestSync 2013: Problems with syncronizing Outlook items

Post by BramvanLeeuwen »

I updated my BestSync program from 2012 to the new version 2012. I experienced problems in synchronizing my desktop (window 7 32 bit) with my laptop (Windows 7 64 bit). File sync is all right, but Outlook synchronization fails.

The window below contains the error messages of the 64 bit computer (64 bit Outlook+ 64 bit BestSync. )
At 18:07:17 I exported a directory (contacts) to an ftp site. Everything OK. See the log in the attchment.

I deleted the directory on the ftp site and exported the contacts from an identical directory of the 32 bit desktop to the ftp-site and tried to import it on the laptop (at 18:21:44): See error messages in the attachmant: (Translation: Mislukt=failed Het DOC-= The doc-file is damaged.)

It is strange that the files send backward are far bigger than the files send from the laptop. They should be identical, I expect.

When I send Outlook-massages in the outher direction: exacly the same problem. Above is a example of contacts that are syncronized, but with messages I experience the same problems.

In the 2012-edition I experienced no problems. However I hesitate to return to the old 2012 version. Uninstallation of the 2013 version and returning tot 2012 brings a lot of fuzz. To remove the prblems of the new version is the more elegant way.

My conclusion is: there resides some bug in BestSync 2013. Or am I worng. Is it my fault?
I kindly request for some help!
Attachments
Logging the tasks
Logging the tasks
Log.jpg (114.53 KiB) Viewed 9048 times
BramvanLeeuwen

Re: BestSync 2013: Problems with syncronizing Outlook items

Post by BramvanLeeuwen »

Hello everybody,

I just discovered that the problem whtih the synchronizing of my Outlook contacts disappeared when I syncronize whith the mediation of a directory in the network (not an ftp-site). I suppose, but didn't control yet, that this is the case for synchronisation of my messages too.

I'm curious to know what's wrong with syncing over the ftp site.

Bram
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please try the new version 8.0.1.1 to see if the problem has been resolved.
BramvanLeeuwen

Post by BramvanLeeuwen »

Hi,

No, not yet.
I renewed the program on both sides.
The same problem:

"Failed: The system cannot open the device or file

"[attachment=0]Error.JPG[/attachment]

Regards, Bram

(I send you the files from the ftp server by email, I cannot attach them on the forum)
Attachments
Error.JPG
Error.JPG (107.4 KiB) Viewed 9052 times
BramvanLeeuwen

Post by BramvanLeeuwen »

Hi,

No, not yet.
I renewed the program on both sides.
The same problem:

"Failed: The system cannot open the device or file

"[attachment=0]Error.JPG[/attachment]

Regards, Bram

(I send you the files from the ftp server by email, I cannot attach them on the forum)
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,

I have setup a similar task (using version 8.0.1.1) to test this problem, but can not replicate the problem.
Is it possible that the system disk has not enough space to contain the temporary files, if it is, you can specify the temporary folder by the "Option" menu.

Best regards
BramvanLeeuwen

Post by BramvanLeeuwen »

Hi,

no my temp directory has enough space, space there is not restricted. I added a more complete logging of the ftp import. The log indiacates (see attachment) in my opinion a correct transport from the ftp site to the computer.
Is it OK that the files are imported in binary mode? (see the listing). In the ftp-settings (of the BestSync task) the ASCII mode is selected.

Regards,
Bram
Attachments
Ftp connection.PNG
Ftp connection.PNG (142.01 KiB) Viewed 9035 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,

Please try the "Binary Mode" to see if the problem can be resolved.

Best Regards
BramvanLeeuwen

Post by BramvanLeeuwen »

Hi,

no I tried it already. I suspected the ftp transport and I tried different possibilities.

But In the meantime I discovered that my conclusion that the problem arises on importation is wrong.
I have another laptop with BestSync 2012. When I export a contact from the computer to the ftp-site importation on the computers with BestSync 2013 is without problems. The problem relies also on the files that are exported by the computers with BestSync 2013, although the error message is generated upon importation (not so strange).
In the attachment you see 3 files after transportation by AceFtp to a computer.
The file Test van testum (a silly testname) is generated by the BestSync 2012 laptop. That file is imported without problems. I changed one letter (test -> Test) and maybe a second letter and exported the contact again to the ftp site.
The exported file (with the uppercase T) will not import.

It is strange that both files (with the 'same' contact) show different icons (contact and 'envelope' icon) after transport) although both extensions are .msg. I cannot explain.

I send you 3 files by email. Only the file with the lowercase is imported. Both other files are refused.

Best regards,

Bram
Attachments
Files from the ftp site.JPG
Files from the ftp site.JPG (19.83 KiB) Viewed 9019 times
BramvanLeeuwen

Post by BramvanLeeuwen »

Hi,

thanks: problem is solved! The solution lies in the binairy ftp-transfer. I succesfully synchronized some contacts.

Thank you!!

Best regards,

Bram