WebDAV - connection error - Initial testing

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Sm33

Re: WebDAV - connection error - Initial testing

Post by Sm33 »

The interface is now Okay

Windows7 installed 7 or 8 updates today from MS, after that I don't seem to have the problem anymore
Sm33

Post by Sm33 »

Hi again

I am running BS v8.0.1.4 32bit on Win7 Ultimate (business license)
All my jobs but one vanished from `Run as service`, a total of 6 jobs missing when I did a computer restart..
I let the software end jobs itself, no forced process shutting down.

I exported every job after my first experience with jobs disappearing after a restart, I was able to import the missing jobs again.

Is there any logs that I can send you to find out why the jobs are vanishing?

Regards
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync Version 8.0.15 has fixed the problem that the tasks ran as Windows Service do not remember after reboot.
Please download and try the new version.
Sm33

Post by Sm33 »

Thanks for fixing this

EDIT
I can confirm that the disappearing jobs issue did not occur after updating the software to the fixed version.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

Hello

Am new to this so not sure if this is in the right forum!

I am struggling to sync folder 1 (webdav to online livedrive server) and folder 2 (local readynas NV+ v1). The sync job only works one way and fails to copy files to folder 2 (local file). I can see this issue was fixed in a previous update but this is still happening for me. Although I can view the info on both folders fine and make changes to folder 1 fine I can see an error 405 Method not allowed so looks like it is not connecting properly at the outset.

I am using BestSync 2013 8.0.1.5 64Bit Ultimate license on 64Bit W7 Pro.

All help very welcome :D
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

"error 405 Method not allowed" is the error response from the server, please check if you have specified the correct user name and password.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

I have tried various combinations of logins to test this but cannot resolve. My NAS is set up with minimal security and is open to all stations on the LAN who in an MS workgroup set up. I have tried my Win username and password, the NAS admin username and password and anonymous with email (as per anonymous FTP user credential instructions from RIsefly).

I have also tried to change folder name as well as the last "/" and add / remove it straight into the server address which doesn't help.

Funny that it still appears to log in ok and can read everything through WebDAV though with any creds I use.

Any suggestions very welcome. There is more text in the error message. If you think it might be relevant, I can post it here too?

Many thanks
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

Raised with ReadyNas / Netgear and got no response so switched to SSH / SFTP which connects fine but getting other / different errors so will post in more relevant thread.