delete issue and synchronization stop suddenly

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
yukon116

delete issue and synchronization stop suddenly

Post by yukon116 »

Hello
I have some issues with BestSync 2012. I’m currently using this version: 7.3.3.0 (64Bit) on a Windows server 2008 foundation (64Bit). My settings are we have 3 folders (On the Network) and we make synchronization of these 3 folders on a FTP server. We use real time synchronization and it is run as a Service. All folders are synchronizing with different task.
In the BestSync log, I saw that BestSync delete a lot of files and folders on one side. It is 5.10GB of data that has been erasing. When I verify on the other side this files are still there. It is not a user who deletes these files. To fix temporarily this issue, in the settings in the delete section, I put “Do nothing” but in a best way when a user delete a things on one side we want that the file is delete on the other side. Because of this, when a user delete 1 file in one side BestSync transfer this file again from the FTP on the folder.

Another issue that we have with BestSync is it will stop to synchronize with no reason. When I stop the task, I receive in my log this error.

“FTP Error:winsock:Send:error:(0x00002745):An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. “ (Most of the case)
FTP Error:winsock:Send:error:(0x00002746):An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

And we have this for a lot of files. The FTP server is a Filezilla server. I verify the configuration and we don’t use SSL or TLS and the user on both side (FTP and network folders) has full rights on the folder.

Thanks for your help
Best Regards,
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: delete issue and synchronization stop suddenly

Post by RiseFly »

For the deleting problem, please select "Delete"/"Delete: Delete the remaining file..." in two-way-sync sync, or "Mirror: Delete file form the target folder..." option in one-way-sync.

For the FTP error:
“FTP Error:winsock:Send:error:(0x00002745):An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. “ (Most of the case)
FTP Error:winsock:Send:error:(0x00002746):An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
The error is cuased by the firewall settings, Please set the Windows Firewall and the internet security software as the following steps:
1. Add BestSyncApp.exe and BestSyncSvc.exe to the allowed list of the firewall.
2. Add Port 21 to the allowed list of the firewall.
If passive mode is used:
1. In FTP server side, set the port range used for the data channel.
2. Add this port rang to the allowed list of the firewall of the FTP server.
3. Add this port rang to the allowed list of the firewall of the client (where Bestsync is installed).
If Active mode is used:
1. Set the port range in “Option”/”Active Mode” of BestSync.
2. Add this port rang to the allowed list of the firewall of the FTP server.
3. Add this port rang to the allowed list of the firewall of the client (where Bestsync is installed).
And please open the data ports in network router.
yukon116

Post by yukon116 »

Hello,

I see in the log file that we have some “success” with the synchronization in both side. I just want to confirm if it is a firewall issue

Best regards,
Attachments
log_bestsync
log_bestsync
bestsync_image.jpg (157.64 KiB) Viewed 8770 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Yes, I'm sure that the problem is caused by the firewall setting.
yukon116

Post by yukon116 »

Hello,
I have 3 folders from the network that are synchronized over FTP. I updated to BestSync2013 Version Ver8.0.1.5(64Bit).
1st folder: 22,755 files 3,126 folders
19.5GB

2nd folder: 59,787 files 20,530 folders
47.3GB

3rd folder: 6,672 files 379 folders
16.3 GB

I want to know if Best Sync can support the real time two-way synchronization over FTP because this is large folders.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If the files are too large (hundreds of MB), it may take tens of minutes to upload/download one file, so real-time sync has not meaning in this case. You'd better to specify a periodic schedule.
yukon116

Post by yukon116 »

Today on my server when i'm looking on my services i found that the BestSync service has stop. When i'm trying to restart it i got a message error.

"
Windows could not start the BestSync Service service on local computer.

Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified

"

All my task run as Service. The task won't start.

Thanks for your help.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

This bug may have been fixed, please download and try the newest version.
And please confirm if the login accounts of the network drive of the tasks are set correctly in the new version.
yukon116

Post by yukon116 »

I'm now on BestSync 2013 Version 8.0.2.1 (64Bit)

Again, I have the same error message
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

We have fixed a bug that the service may not be installed correctly, please download and try version 8.0.24.