Versioning

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
starweb

Versioning

Post by starweb »

Hello. I am playing with versioning and I'm not sure it is working correctly. I turning it on by enabling "Backup archiving system" and it's set to "Date String of the starting time". I set it to "Real-Time Sync" and it put a copy of all my files in the backup folder. I then changed a file and waited to see if it backed it up. Sure enough, it backed up but it just overwrote the previous file of the same name within the backup folder. Shouldn't this have created a "version" of that file so that I would now have two versions of that file in the backup?

Starweb
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Versioning

Post by RiseFly »

In real-time mode, BestSync switch the backup folders in about 1 hours, so 1 hour a version. (Please use version 7.3.30 later, the versions before this version switches backup folder in about 8 hours, so 8 hours a version)
If you need to backup all the changed versions, please stop using "Real-time sync", and specify "Date and Time String of the starting time" in the "Versioning -- Create sub-folder ...." .