Sycning problem older version MS office

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Ilja

Sycning problem older version MS office

Post by Ilja »

When I sync files in MS office 2007-2010 format (word, excel en powerpoint) everything runs smoothly. However, when I save these same files in office 97-2003 (compatibility mode), bestsync does not synchronise the specific files! I use two windows 7 computers to synchronise via my lacie NAS. I use the latest version of Bestsync 64 bit (7.3.30). Can anybody help with this problem? Thanks in advance.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Sycning problem older version MS office

Post by RiseFly »

Please check if you have excluded the old MS Office file types in the "Filter" setting tab.
Or please start the preview of the task to see why the files are not synchronized.
Ilja

Post by Ilja »

Thanks for your response. The Filer is not set at all (*.*). I ran bestsync in preview mode and I got this message back (translated from dutch): "the time out period of the semafore has expired"? For me as a non professional this is not an answer that solves my question. I hope you know what to do with this message! Thx!
Ilja

Post by Ilja »

I lokalised the problem more specific. The sync is performed one time (per document) and every next change will not be synced anymore. The message on my previous reply is then shown when I run the preview of the task. Could you please advice. I would love to use bestsync again!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Could you please export the task setting to a file, then send it to risefly@risefly.com?
So we can investigate the problem.
Ilja

Post by Ilja »

I will sent the file today and refer to this post. I noticed another problem. When I delete folders, they are not deleted on the network drive. So in just a matter of time, bestsync syncs everything back to the local drive where everything was deleted. The strange thing is that I always used these tasks on my two old computers. I bought two new computers and now bestsync acts "strange". The NAS is still the same. I am curious what you will find after testing!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Thank you for the setting file.
I have checked the file, but have not found anything suspicious.
But please try to stop using "Real-time Sync:..." option in the "Schedule" setting tab to see if this problem can be avoided.
Ilja

Post by Ilja »

I stopped the real time sync option. When you copy complete folders and new documents everything seems fine. But 7 out of 10 times saving changes in an existing files results in a non changing document on my network drive (read: not being synced). Strange problem. It looks like best sync is not detecting that there is a change in this specific document......?!?!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If you start the preview of the task, is there any error result in the result column of the files that have not been synchronized?
Ilja

Post by Ilja »

In the preview task there are no errors. The documents that synchronize are processed correctly! Just some documents (mostly changed word, excel en powerpoint documents) are not detected by Bestsync as being changed and therefore not synchronized?!?