Decrypt Error with Backups

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mcjathan

Decrypt Error with Backups

Post by mcjathan »

Jean-Pierre,

I have one particular file that is not syncing and backing up properly. Specifically, the error in the Backup column of the Preview window says: "Decrypt Error: Check sum error."

Please see the attached snapshot of the BestSync Preview window for more details.

All my other files are syncing and backing up properly, there just seems to be a problem with this file.

I don't know if the file was somehow corrupted. Or, if there is something about that file.

What do you think?

Also, in the Preview window at the bottom, shouldn't the "Failed Num" parameter be 1 instead of 0?

Jeff
Attachments
Backup_Decrypt_Error.png
Backup_Decrypt_Error.png (25.96 KiB) Viewed 3909 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Decrypt Error with Backups

Post by RiseFly »

The checksum error means the file in "Folder2" was corrupted. May be you need to backup the file again manually by the preview window of the backup task.
In the current version, the failed number does not count the backup items.
mcjathan

Re: Decrypt Error with Backups

Post by mcjathan »

RiseFly wrote:
> In the current version, the failed number does not count the backup items.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Respectfully, I request that BestSync be enhanced to include failed backups in the failed number so that an email will be sent (assuming the user has requested email notification on a fail).

Best regards,

Jeff