BestSync Gets Confused with Backup Feature Enabled

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mcjathan

BestSync Gets Confused with Backup Feature Enabled

Post by mcjathan »

Hello Jean-Pierre,

It appears that BestSync is getting confused when I enable the Backup feature.

I setup my Bestsync tasks initially without the backup feature enabled. Then, when I was satisfied I had my tasks working properly, I modified each task to enable BestSync's backup it features. It appears that BestSync eventually becomes "confused" when the backup feature is enabled. I discovered this problem with the Backup feature after enabling Real-time syncing with one of my tasks. After discovering the problem, I turned off Real-time syncing and looked closer using BestSync's Preview Window.

When BestSync becomes confused, here are the errors I'm seeing in the "Backup" column of BestSync's Preview window:

Failed: The system cannot find the path specified
Failed: Unspecified error

On one occasion, I also saw this error in the "Result" column of BestSync's Preview window:

Failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The errors are intermittent and not perfectly repeatable. When I run the Preview and the executed the sync, some files synced and were backed up, but some files generated errors. If I immediately reran the preview and executed the sync, some of the remaining files were synced and backed up, but some of the remaining files generated errors. If I repeated the Preview and Sync enough times, eventually all the files were synced and backed up.

I've included a couple of attachments that show the errors in the Bestsync Preview window. Example 1 was too big to be accepted by this forum but you can get the Example 1 from here: http://tinyurl.com/8rgyu8b
The attachment for Example 2 is attached normally below.

I've also included an attachment that shows the Backup settings that I have chosen. FYI, I made sure the backup directory is NOT included in the BestSync task's folder1 or folder2.

Perhaps this is relevant: On the "Copy Options" tab, I have chosen "Process multiple files simultaneously" and I've chosen 12 for the "Maximum thread number".

Regards,

Jeff
Attachments
Example 2 - BestSync Gets Confused with Backup Feature Enabled.pdf
Example #2 of BestSync Backup Errors
(152.92 KiB) Downloaded 811 times
BestSync_Backup_Feature_Settings.pdf
My BestSync task Backup settings
(46.42 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
mcjathan

Re: BestSync Gets Confused with Backup Feature Enabled

Post by mcjathan »

I've done some further testing.

I'm seeing strong evidence that this problem is tied to the "Process multiple files simultaneously" on the "Copy Options" tab. When I turn this feature off, the problems I describe above seem to go away.

Furthermore, when the multi-thread capability is enabled, I seem to see the problems more often when folder2 is an FTP folder instead of a local folder.

Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,

This is a bug when backup files to one zip file, and has been fixed from version 7.3.19.
Please download the new version and try to see in you side.

Best regards
Jean-Pierre
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

I uninstalled BestSync 7.3.19 and then installed v7.3.20.

However, I'm still seeing problems. See the screen-captures (below) of the BestSync Preview window for details.

The Example_3 screen shots show 2 screen shots of the same BestSync Preview window (the full window would not fit on one screen shot). FYI, in this case, both folder1 and folder2 are local folders.

The Example_4 screen shots show multiple runs of the same task. During the first run, some files failed (Example_4a.png). I immediately re-ran the preview and then executed the task (Example_4b.png). Some of the files that failed during Example_4a.png synced properly but some failed. Same thing for Example_4c.png.

Before I was seeing different error messages, now I only see one error message: "Failed: Unspecified error".

I have not changed my Backup options (still backing up to 1 zip file).

The errors seem to go away if I disable the "Process multiple files simultaneously" feature on the "Copy Options" tab of a task. BestSync seems to have a bug related to the multi-thread option in this case.

Jean-Pierre, can you reproduce this bug? Do you agree that this bug is related to the multi-thread option?

Also, as a side note: Shouldn't failures like this add to BestSync's error number count? You can see from these screen shots that the summary at the bottom shows "Failed Num: 0". Shouldn't these be considered a failure (when the backup fails the sync doesn't happen either)?
Attachments
Task where folder1 & folder2 are local.
Example_3a.png (74.05 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
Example_3b.png (70.74 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
Task where folder1 local & folder2 is FTP.  First run of this task.
Task where folder1 local & folder2 is FTP. First run of this task.
Example_4a.png (42.29 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
Task where folder1 local & folder2 is FTP.  Second run of this task.
Task where folder1 local & folder2 is FTP. Second run of this task.
Example_4b.png (26.42 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
Task where folder1 local & folder2 is FTP.  Third run of this task.
Task where folder1 local & folder2 is FTP. Third run of this task.
Example_4c.png (26.49 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Sorry, this is a problem of the ZIP engine when running the multiple-threads mode.
At the current stage, to avoid the problem, please stop the multiple thread mode (in Copy Options) or do not Backup files to one ZIP file.
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

Jean-Pierre,

Do you expect this problem with the zip engine to be fixed soon?

Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

We have fixed this problem in version 7.3.22.
Please try the new version to see if this problem has been resolved.