409 Conflict with multiple server synchronization

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
adamsre

409 Conflict with multiple server synchronization

Post by adamsre »

Hey All,

I know this is probably an easy fix, but I couldn't find a resolution anywhere else... I have three servers, all with BestSync 7.3.1.7 32 bit, all synchronizing back to a single WebDav location. The file structure at each site is nearly identical, but each site also has files that are unique from the other two sites. Each site is unique - there is no file duplication between the three sites. I need to consolidate the data from those three sites into the single WebDav site.

My problem is that I am seeing 409 conflicts (The page was not displayed because there was a conflict) when the other sites attempt to merge their contents into a directory that one of the other servers has already created.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
adamsre

Re: 409 Conflict with multiple server synchronization

Post by adamsre »

Just as an aside, I have checked NTFS security on both sides of the connection. I've checked the source files - and even gone as far as to set the 'Everyone' group to have 'Full Control'. I've set inheritance on the other side to also match that security (not what I really want to do, but I want to rule out a security conflict).

I am using a service account that for testing purposes is a domain administrator, and I am able to successfully authenticate through WebDav on the three servers trying to connect - so I know it's not an authentication mismatch, and the fact that the account is a domain admin, and the NTFS security on the virtual folder is set to Everyone, Full Control, that shouldn't have any bearings.

I have attached a screenshot of the error as it appears.

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot of the errror
Screenshot of the errror
9-27-2012 12-52-04 PM.jpg (155.5 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: 409 Conflict with multiple server synchronization

Post by RiseFly »

409 error is returned from the webdav server, may be because that the parent folder does not exist when upload the file, or the property of the file is read-only.
BestSync should create the folders before upload the file, but may be failed, please check if the account has the privilege to MKCOL (create collection), and if the server let the client modify property (PROPPATCH).
If you can export the task setting to a file then send to risefly(a)risefly.com, we would like to debug this issue.