"Copy new empty folder" setting won't stick

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mcjathan

"Copy new empty folder" setting won't stick

Post by mcjathan »

Greetings,

For BestSync tasks that I am configuring, it appears that the "Copy new empty folder" setting won't stick. I repeatedly select this option, but when I save, close, and return to the configuration, this setting is repeatedly unselected.

Jean-Pierre, can you duplicate this problem?

Regards, Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: "Copy new empty folder" setting won't stick

Post by RiseFly »

Is the task set to synchronize with Amazon S3 or Google Storage? Because the cloud storage has not the concept of empty folder. So the option does not take effect, and BestSync set it to FALSE each time you open the setting dialog box.
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

No, the task is not set to sync with Amazon S3 or Google Storage. The task is set to sync a local folder with an FTP folder.
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

I downloaded and updated the installation of BestSync using the newest version -- v7.3.13 (32-bit). Now this setting is greyed out and disabled. I'm syncing a local folder with an FTP folder. Shouldn't this setting be enabled?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

We have confirmed that this is a bug, and have fixed it.
Please download the version 7.3.13 again, before you install the new version, please uninstall the old version first.
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

As you instructed, I re-downloaded version 7.3.13, uninstalled Bestsync, and then re-installed version 7.3.13.

The "Copy new empty folder" is no longer greyed out. However, I discovered that BestSync always clears the "Copy new empty folder" setting if the "Encrypt the file name" option is set. The only way that BestSync will leave the "Copy new empty folder" option set is if the "Encrypt the file name" option is not set.

Is this intentional? Or, is it a bug?

Regards,

Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

When "Encrypt File Name" is selected, "Copy new empty folder" is grayed out. This is not a bug;
Because the current version encrypts the full path of a file, but does not encrypt folder name only.
We may consider encrypting the folder name in the future.
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

RiseFly wrote:
> When "Encrypt File Name" is selected, "Copy new empty
> folder" is grayed out. This is not a bug;
> Because the current version encrypts the full path of a file, but does not
> encrypt folder name only.
> We may consider encrypting the folder name in the future.

Jean-Pierre, Would you be able to add this enhancement in the next release of BestSync?

Best regards,

Jeff