BestSync Doesn't Like File Names with Commas

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mcjathan

BestSync Doesn't Like File Names with Commas

Post by mcjathan »

Greetings,

I've discovered that BestSync doesn't like how I've named certain of my files. I can't tell for certain, but it seems like BestSync is failing on certain file names that contain both single quotes and commas. I'm not quite sure about the exact pattern. However, I have created a BestSync task that fails on 15 of these files with unusual names. Also, the file names of all these files are quite long (but still legal within Windows).

While these files use unusual characters, these unusual characters are valid file name characters since at least Windows 2000.

I've attached 4 files with file comments. I believe the file comments are all self explanatory.

Please, can BestSync be modified to work with all these file names?

Regards,

Jeff
Attachments
Screen capture of the BestSync Preview window after preview but before actual task execution.
Screen capture of the BestSync Preview window after preview but before actual task execution.
BestSync_Preview_Window_Page_1.png (95.6 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
Screen capture of the BestSync Preview window after task execution.
Screen capture of the BestSync Preview window after task execution.
BestSync_Preview_Window_Page_2.png (135.84 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
BestSync_Log.zip
The BestSync log. I had to zip the file so the forum would accept the file (it wouldn't accept a *.csv file).
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
List_of_Full_Path_and_File_Names.zip
A text file containing the full path-file names of these offending files. I had to zip the file so the forum would accept the file (it wouldn't accept a *.txt file).
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: BestSync Doesn't Like File Names with Commas

Post by RiseFly »

We have confirmed that this is a bug when encrypt a file with long name. This bug has been fixed in version 7.3.11.
Please uninstall the current version, then install the new version.
But I recommend you not to use so long files, because though the local file system can support a very long file path up to 32768 characters, but the FTP server may not support so long file names.