scheduled backup not working

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
sirslinky

scheduled backup not working

Post by sirslinky »

hi,
I have nominated a scheduled backup using weekly and selected each day to backup. However the logs are showing that nothing is happening.

As you can see from the screenshots the backup is clearly scheduled however the logs indicate nothing is going on.

Can anyone provide some pointers as to what is going wrong here.

[attachment=2]Clip.jpg[/attachment]

Cheers
Attachments
Clip.jpg
Clip.jpg (125.81 KiB) Viewed 6153 times
Clip_3.jpg
Clip_3.jpg (105.62 KiB) Viewed 6153 times
Clip_2.jpg
Clip_2.jpg (65.15 KiB) Viewed 6153 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: scheduled backup not working

Post by RiseFly »

Because BestSync will not add the log record if no file is synchronized and no error happens.
If you want to know if the task has been started by the schedule, please click "Option"/"View Log File" to see if there are records about the task.
sirslinky

Post by sirslinky »

Hi,
Firstly - thanks for the prompt response. Files have been changed - several! But it's not syncing. I have of course viewed the logs and there is no activity for the days in question despite new files being created in the relevant folders and others files modified in these folders.

Next steps to look at would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

I noticed that the "Time range for starting task" is "20:00 ~ 06:00", if BestSync is not running during this time range, the task will not be started.
sirslinky

Post by sirslinky »

Hi - what is the problem with that time range? What is the point of a 24-hour schedule if you can only run it at a certain time of day ... not really 24 hour schedule is it? I'm confused.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The time range is for Bestsync to start the task, if Bestsync is started out of the time rang, Bestsync will not start the task.
If you need the task run at any time of the day, please set it to "00:00~23:59".