major RAM issue

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mu71rd

major RAM issue

Post by mu71rd »

On two separate computers, when trying to sync some large file (3-4 x 1gb files) with my work SFTP site, either with 8 or 16 connections, I have a situation where the amount of RAM that bestsync requires suddenly shoots up to 98% +, stays there for a while, and then eventually windows kills the program because it is hogging too many resources.

Why is the program requiring such massive commitment of RAM just to copy some files off FTP? It's an i7 PC with 6gb of RAM - that should be sufficient.

Is there any way around this problem, because it's currently unusable?

I'm using the latest version, and am still on a trial

cheers,

Richard
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: major RAM issue

Post by RiseFly »

We have confirmed on version 7.3.02, the new version works fine when upload two file that are larger than 3.5 GB.
Please try the new version .
mu71rd

Post by mu71rd »

Hi,

Is there a known issue with large files then? Because I regularly deal with very large files,

Thanks,

Richard
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

May be the old version have problem when upload large files, But I have tested on the new version, the new version works without any problem.
mu71rd

Post by mu71rd »

Hi,

Sorry I am still having issues with this. It is not restricted to large files - the last 3 days in a row my backup has crashed Goodsync - the usable RAM has shot up to nearly 16GB (my total system RAM) before inevitably crashing.

This must be a bug. The total quantity of files is not even 16GB that I'm transferring, and even huge projects that I work on for work, on other progrmas, do not require more than 4GB of RAM. I am running the latest version of Goodsync.

At $99 the full license is not cheap, so I need to know this software works correctly and is not buggy. At the moment, I have to conclude that any program that hogs 14gb of RAM has a bug of some kind.

Please let me know what we can do to rectify this problem
Attachments
RAM.jpg
RAM.jpg (10.13 KiB) Viewed 5499 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,
Sorry we can not recreate this problem.
Could you please export the task setting to a file, and send it to risefly(a)risefly.com.
So that it can give us something hint to investigate the problem.