Bestsync keeps altering date time stamps

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
ianpurves

Bestsync keeps altering date time stamps

Post by ianpurves »

Hi, I have a problem where Bestsync keeps altering the timestamp on my Synology DS411 when being accessed over the internet as a WebDAV server. Despite the files not being altered on the NAS Bestsync seem to alter the date time stamp at the end (?) of a sync "session" so when it syncs the next time it copies the files again ... and so it keeps going?

Can you help

Thanks Ian
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Bestsync keeps altering date time stamps

Post by RiseFly »

Because the WEBDAV protocol does not allow to set the timestamp of the uploaded file, BestSync uses a customized property called "lastmodified" to preserve the timestamp. Please check if your WEBDAV server allows to set the customized property by "PROPPATCH" command.
ianpurves

Post by ianpurves »

I am trying to investigate what you ask.

In the interim it made me think ... when I reset the server up I started editing the files locally on the NAS drive when at home. The files in question (that keep copying) are only those that had been viewed or edited locally. Perhaps the files are partially/fully locked?

I have just reset the NAS and the problem has stopped.

I will need to make another copy I suspect onto a local machine at home ... in the past I have had to use robocopy to keep long filename and datetime stamps :-(

Am I on the right track?

Thanks

Ian
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If you edit the file on the WEBDAV clloection, the tiemstamp is updated to the time that you save it. And the edit software may lock the file, may be you need to unlock the file before you exit the edit software.