Progress bars not progressing.

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
tim.butterfield

Progress bars not progressing.

Post by tim.butterfield »

I have noticed that the progress bars don't appear to be working. E.g. the highest they get is about .01 %, out of about a terrabyte of data when 162 plus gbs has been transfered. I dont have not concluded this yets et as
I half to keep restarting the task with adjustments becuase the exe seems to knocked out window explorer when bandwidth is unlimited.

It would be nice if the service task showed a percentage of the cumulitive runs...e.g. the percentage of what has been syncronized rater than a percentage of the current syncronization. A tick box that allow you to choose this.

I am suspecious that the task are is chewing up to many resource (although CPU, and Memory ar fine) and not handlings it in a reliable way.

I still do not know if a "Preview" run will actually move data or just emulates it. If it actually moves data it would be helful to use as it can show progress. Can you confirm that a preview is actually a fully functional sync to the FTP server and if their is a means to show this from automatically started service task (such as a system tray icon on logon).

Ultimately once the full sync is complete....a month from now????, then most of this will not matter.

Appreciate your thoughts, comments and confirmation of above.

cheers,

tim
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Progress bars not progressing.

Post by RiseFly »

When you start the preview, after the scanning completes, please press the "Start" button in the toolbar of the preview window, the synchronizatin begins.
For the progrees bar, because there are huge amount of files in the folder, the progress is displayed in percentage. It is normal for the progress bar moves slowly.
If you stop the task, and start it at the next time, BestSync will synchronize the different files (means continuing from the last state). Because the number of the different files is less than previous sync-time, the progress bar will move faster than the previous sync-time.