Amazon S3 Sync

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
onerock

Amazon S3 Sync

Post by onerock »

Is there a way to assign cache-control metadata on files that are sync'd up to an Amazon S3 bucket? I have scoured the internet and consulted with the Google, but have found no way to set bucket defaults within the Amazon Control Panel. If this isn't currently an option for BestSync, I would love to see it added. There currently are not many software packages out there can set these parameters and none with the level of functionality BestSync offers.

We have 85000+ static photos on Amazon S3 that we have set with Cache-Control "max-age=604800, public" for our website, but as a start up we are continuously cleaning up things. So, when we change a photo on our site, BestSync copies it to Amazon S3 and over writes our cache-control parameter. In the long run, this will cost us money with Amazon by increasing our Get requests, since the Cache-Control "max-age=604800, public" was overwritten.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered, Scott.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Amazon S3 Sync

Post by RiseFly »

We have modified the way to set HTTP header and Amazon S3 customized metadata.
Please uninstall the current version, and download new 7.2.17 and install the new version from the following page.
http://www.bestsync.us/fsedwld.htm

In the "Advanced Setting" dialogbox of Amazon S3, please input :
Cache-Control: max-age=604800, public
into the customized metadata edit box.
I have confirmed by "S3 management Console", "Cache-Control: max-age=604800, public" has been set to uploaded files correctly.
onerock

Post by onerock »

Adding the Cache-Control is working well. Thanks for adding this feature so quickly!
jmitch47

Post by jmitch47 »

I am not able to get the cache-control to work, was this verified working? I installed the latest beta version and it isn't working in that either.

I have tried to set:

Cache-Control:max-age=604800
Cache-Control:max-age=604800, public
"Cache-Control:max-age=604800"
Cache-Control:max-age=604800, public"

I have deleted the files from the S3 each time and resync'ed after each change. Every time I look at the files in the S3 they always appear as "Cache-Control : no-cache". Also, the the content-type is not correct either, it is showing "binary/octet-stream", it should be showing "image/jpeg" in this case.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

We have confirmed that this is a bug of previous updates.
We have fixed the problem, new BestSync can set the customized metadata again.
Please try the new version 8.0.3.5.