Editing task files

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
gdu90

Editing task files

Post by gdu90 »

Is there a way to open BestSyncApp main window in order to edit task files but prevent the tasks immediately starting to execute?

I have seen the delay option on schedule page but the tasks must be set up to execute immediately and real-time, so that when the end-user is using the laptop they will start for real, but when the laptop is being maintained/prepared they do not run. It is a problem if a task file tries to run when the correct drives are not connected. I need to be able just to edit tasks for end-users, not run them.

Thanks.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Editing task files

Post by RiseFly »

You can use the following command line to tell BestSync not to start the tasks when BestSync is started.
> BestSyncApp.exe /nostartup
gdu90

Post by gdu90 »

Thank you. I tried this approach. I have just upgraded from BestSync 2011 to 2012. I noticed that when Task Overview is not displayed in the main window (by Option > Option > View), then the check-box to select tasks for /startup is also not displayed. (See screen shot.) Thanks.
Attachments
Screen shot of screen without check-boxes available.
Screen shot of screen without check-boxes available.
Screen shot.png (175.22 KiB) Viewed 8166 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please try to select the option as the attached graph to show the task details.
Or please size the Main Window to see if the size of the column will be changed.
Attachments
General Option - TaskView
General Option - TaskView
TaskOverView.png (26.9 KiB) Viewed 8159 times
gdu90

Post by gdu90 »

Changing the size of the Main window (including > Maximize) does not make any difference.

If I select Option > View > Task Overview then the check-marks do display but this is not the same as having the simple display of Task Description only, which is an editable text. Task Overview is not editable to make it easy to see which task is which.

This problem did not occur in BestSync 2011; it started only when I upgraded to BestSync 2012 last week.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If size the column, can the task overview be displayed?
gdu90

Post by gdu90 »

If Option > Option > View > Task Overview is selected and then the Task Overview column is sized to zero width, then the check-boxes are displayed. Thank you.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

We'll improve the upgrade program to avoid this problem.
Thank you.
gdu90

Post by gdu90 »

Thank you. Do you mean that there will be a fix soon ? Or is there something I can do to un-install and re-install that will fix it on my machines ?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If you have resolved the problem by sizing the column, then you need not the fix any more.
This problem only happens when read saved setting of the old version.