Disappearing folders

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Ilja

Disappearing folders

Post by Ilja »

Dear Best sync users,

I have been using bestsync for quite some time and always amazed about how easy to use and setup it is. I sync two computers via my Lacie NAS. It all worked perfect, until somebody accidently inserted a Freecom Secure Databar into one of the two computers. When best sync starts syncing, everything seems in order, but a lot of folders disappear after in the process and it not traceable where they are going....? Can you help me with this problem? At this moment I can't use bestsync anymore. Restoring the system doesn’t work, because that gives other issues (programs that stop working) and I also reinstalled bestsync. None solves the problem.

Hoping you can help me.

Best regards,
Ilja
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Disappearing folders

Post by RiseFly »

Have you setup a backup folder for save the deleted files during the synchronization.
Or you can try the newest version at the download page. (We have released a new version 7.2.13. please try the new version.)
Ilja

Post by Ilja »

I have indeed set backupfolder. The files an directories that seem to diappear in the sync, can not be found in the .bak folder bestsync creates! Like I explained, the problems started when inserting a secure Databar.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Could you please confirm in the logview of the task, to see if the synchronization deleted these files or folders.
If there is no log, then may be some application deleted these files or folders.
Ilja

Post by Ilja »

I checked the log file and best sync states that it is trying to synchronise the folders in question, but that the sync is not successful! But the folders are deleted instead and also on my network location! So bestsync is actually trying to do something, but doesn't succeed and then the folders are deleted (and are not in the recycle bin). I will also check the problem with the company that provided the secure USB stick. Strange problem...... :(
Ilja

Post by Ilja »

I have not been able to contact the company that provided the secure USB stick. Am I the only one that ever reported such a problem? It acutally looks as if Bestsync doesn't perform synchronisation as it should. Is it possible the the attributes of the files and directories in question are changed....my IT knowledge does not go far enough to solve this issue.... :|