Not finding files inside of the SFTP directory

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Druffini

Not finding files inside of the SFTP directory

Post by Druffini »

Hello,

I have run into a problem when trying to download a .txt file from an SFTP server. I have the latest version of Best Sync and have the Ultimate plan.
When I put in the Hostname, Username, and Private key it connects to the server fine but in the preview window, it doesn't show the 2 .txt files that are in there. Those are the only files inside of that directory. I thought maybe this was a bug so I tried to export the 2 files and Best Sync is not seeing them, so nothing is being exported. I check through FileZilla and I was able to connect and see both the files I was looking for. Not sure if there is a setting or something I missed where I need to turn on in order to download .txt files.

Thank you,
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Not finding files inside of the SFTP directory

Post by RiseFly »

Is there any error in the log window at the bottom of the the preview window?
Druffini

Post by Druffini »

No nothing shows up in the preview menu. It's weird, sometimes it will download it and other time it will just run the task and it will say 0: Successful and 0: Failed. I tired to delete the file in the directory and re run the task and still nothing.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please check the file type filtering and the folder "Include/Exclude" settings to see if the task has filtered all the files.
Druffini

Post by Druffini »

I have it set to include all files. Its weird because if I manually try to download it through Best Sync it will just say completed and nothing was transferred but when it's time for it to automatically run, it does it successfully and transfers the files. Not sure if this is something I should worry about if that's the case. As long as its getting downloaded everyday that's fine.