BestSync FTP is blocked, how to set the firewall settings?

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
RiseFly
Site Admin

BestSync FTP is blocked, how to set the firewall settings?

Post by RiseFly »

I am migrating to a new server and your program works exactly the same. My problem is that a task that gets stuck in "Synchronizing ..." mode. It is to take an FTP file to a local folder.
On the old server it works perfectly.
I installed new version, created the task again, etc ... but continuing with the same problem.
Can you help me, it is very important to solve this problem.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: BestSync FTP is blocked, how to set the firewall settings?

Post by RiseFly »

If you start the preview of the task, is there any error at the bottom of the preview of the task?
If the connection is blocked by the firewall, please set the firewall as the following:
----
Add BestSyncApp.exe and BestSyncSvc.exe to the allowed list of Windows firewall or antivirus software.
Add Port 21 to the exception list of the firewall. Some FTP server may not use port 21, please set the port according to the FTP server.
In FTP server side, select the transfer mode (Passive or Active), Passive mode is recommended.

If Passive Mode is used:
In FTP server side, set the port range used for the data channel.
Add this port rang to the allowed receiving port list of the firewall of the FTP server.
Add this port rang to the allowed sending port list of the firewall of the client (where BestSync is installed).

If Active Mode is used:
Set the port range in “Option”/”Active Mode” of BestSync.
Add this port rang to the allowed sending port list of the firewall of the FTP server.
Add this port rang to the allowed receiving port list of the firewall of the client (where BestSync is installed).
----