bestsyn 2020: unable to expand sync log

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
gracelim

bestsyn 2020: unable to expand sync log

Post by gracelim »

hi ,

i have upgraded my bestsync2019 to bestsync2020 in windows 10 and windows 2003. i noticed for tasks that are set to realtime sync,

1. when i open the log view and tries
to expand the most current sync log row (last row), it does not expand.
2. when i open the log view and the last row is already expanded, and tried to collapse and expand again, it will not expand anymore.
3. previous sync log rows sometimes it expand and sometimes it wont expand

any idea how to go about it as i need to check the logs

thanks
grace
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: bestsyn 2020: unable to expand sync log

Post by RiseFly »

The cause of this issue is that BestSync does not save the log immediately after files are synchronized in real-time mode.
The saving period can be set in "Period for send email or exporting log file" in "Miscellaneous" tab.
gracelim

Post by gracelim »

i stop the task and click view log , same behavior occurs. is this normal even the task is stop?
gracelim

Post by gracelim »

i stop the task and click view log , same behavior occurs. is this normal even the task is stop?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The View Log button is disabled, it means that the log data is not available.
Please confirm if you selected any "Log" option in the Task Setting.
"Log" tab /☑ "Record the log data for log view Window", or ☑ "Send Log data by e-mail"
gracelim

Post by gracelim »

it is set to "Log" tab /☑ "Record the log data for log view Window"

the view log button is enabled .
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The "View Log" button is grey out only because the log of the task does not exist.
Please try to change a file, let the task synchronize the file, then you can see the "View Log" button is enabled.
gracelim

Post by gracelim »

i am able to open the view log button. the problem is after opening the view log and try to expand lastest sync log row, it wont expand even there were files that have been transferred.

tried expanding the previous sync log rows that comes before the current sync log row , sometimes it will open and sometimes not.

noticed that i can only expand /collapse alternating rows. example: there 5 sync log rows (1 (old) to 5 (lastest))
i will be able to expand/collapse row 2 and 4 but not for 1,3,5
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Because the task is using the real-time mode, to prevent the task from saving the log to frequently, BestSync saves the log by the period setting in the "Miscellaneous" tab. The option is "Period for sending email or exporting log file", may be you can set a shorter period to update the log more frequently.