Google Drive SSO doesn't work

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
weelen

Google Drive SSO doesn't work

Post by weelen »

Hello,

I have the premium license and I try to sync to Google drive. When I create a new task, it is clear how I should configure it, but the SSO (OAuth2) login dialog box doesn't work. It asks my Gmail email address and when pressing enter (clicking next also doesn't do anything), it just presents the login window again to fill in my email address (instead of my password). If I specify my email address again and hit enter, a popup window is thrown where it states it could not sync and wants to close the dialog box (see screenshot in attach).

I guess it is supposed to work. Anybody had this problem and know a solution. Browsing this forum or Google doesn't give me any possible solution.

I want to upload a screenshot, but it gves following error:
"Could not upload attachment to ./files/6077_06613b9a3fd1c9d5f03c64d4bd951edc"

Thank you!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Google Drive SSO doesn't work

Post by RiseFly »

The problem is because the user number of Google Drive of BestSync has over the limit of Google. We have applied to Google to remove the limitation, but we have to waiting for the approval from Google.
If you copy an old Google Drive task, then modify the folder, the synchronization works.
weelen

Post by weelen »

Thank you for the response. I guess I will wait because I don't have an old task...
weelen

Post by weelen »

Do you have any ETA for this? Will Google allow it or not?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync has been approved by Goolge, please download the new version from risefly.com to use the Google Drive synchronization feature.
weelen

Post by weelen »

Downloaded and installed the latest version from the website, but the issue is still the same. When using the automated login to Google, it asks your email address and when you click next, it asks your email address again. then it says it cannot authenticate to Google.

It still doesn't ask me to specify a password, it asks twice for the mail address. :(

I tried the manual login and that works to Google Drive

BestSync 2020
English Version Ver15.0.1.5(64Bit)
Premium License