Jobs are running but can no longer see them on the BestSync front end

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Ryan

Jobs are running but can no longer see them on the BestSync front end

Post by Ryan »

Hi,

I set up 2 file copy jobs on the 'Run as Service' tab as normal last night. One job runs daily and the other runs every 10 minutes. This morning the outcome of the jobs was as expected. I went into the 'Run as Service' tab this morning and the jobs are no longer there! I then done 'Option - View Log File' and I can see that both jobs ran this morning and the 10 minute job is still running fine.

Why can't I see the jobs any more on BestSync 'Run as Service' tab? Does the tab need refreshed or something?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Jobs are running but can no longer see them on the BestSync front end

Post by RiseFly »

No one reported this kind of problem in the past years.
Please confirm it is "Run as Service" tab, not the "Running" tab.
May be the tasks were deleted by other program/or by mistake.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I confirm that they are 'run as service'. BestSync is installed on a server. I remoted into the server last night to set up the jobs, then signed out. A different user then logged into that server this morning (after the jobs had done their file moving) so they could see what jobs I had set up, however they couldn't find the jobs in the 'Run as Service' tab (used the same user account as I had used for logging onto the server). Once they logged off, I logged back in to check and also noted that the jobs had disappeared. I then checked the log file and saw evidence that the jobs are still running. Very odd :?
Any ideas? We were going to reboot the server tonight to see if that 'refreshes' anything but can't think of anything else to try.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If the jobs are deleted by mistake, you can find in the backup settings.
Just rename the setting files backup then restart BestSync Service in the service manager.
Here is the location of the job setting file:
<SystemDrive[C:]>\ProgramData\RiseFly\BestSync\

Task Profile File:
service.xfsf
The first time backup file of Task Profile File(.xfsb1):
service.xfsb1
The second time backup file of Task Profile File(.xfb2):
service.xfsb2
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Thanks for your reply. I see that service.xfsf versus service.xfsb2 almost match (a few of the timestamp nodes are slightly different, as expected).
I do see that service.xfsb1 DOES contain my 2 missing jobs, which is good.

To clarify, Is the service.xfsf file basically a xml file used for rendering the 'run as service' tab, therefore getting the application to pick up the first backup is going to refresh the tab, meaning my jobs are visible and editable again? If so, does this mean that the actual jobs themselves are stored elsewhere in the application? I ask because the jobs themselves are still running, but just not visible on the 'run as service' tab. This fix should get those jobs back on the tab and allow me to edit them if required.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If jobs are not in service.xfsf, it means that the jobs might be deleted by mistake or someone.

Stop BestSync Service in the service manager, then rename service.xfsb1 to service.xfsf.
Start BestSync Service can restore the missing jobs.
Restart BestSync application, you can see the jobs.