invalid handshake when connecting to TLS FTP Server

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Ray4x4x4

invalid handshake when connecting to TLS FTP Server

Post by Ray4x4x4 »

I would like to use your software but....

I cannot get a simple connection to a TLS ftp server.
I can connect via browser, other FTP clients and even simple Windows folder browser connection.

The mode is passive, TLS explicit, initial port is 21. I get a failed handshake due to not being able to accept certificate.

<220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
<220-You are user number 10 of 100 allowed.
<220-Local time is now 18:03. Server port: 21.
<220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
<220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
<220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
>AUTH TLS
<234 AUTH TLS OK.
Control Channel SSL/TLS Handshaking...
winsock:Receive::Error.:error:(0x00002746):An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
(0x0000274c):A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
SSL:ClientConnect::ClientHandshake failed.(0x80090304):The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted
SSL/TLS SSL_Handshake failed.
Control Channel SSL/TLS Handshaking Failed.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: invalid handshake when connecting to TLS FTP Server

Post by RiseFly »

This problem may be caused by the Windows Firewall, it blocked the FTP connection.
Please check the following help for how to set the firewall to allow the FTP connections.
http://www.risefly.com/fseqna_ftp.htm#ftp_firewall
Ray4x4x4

Post by Ray4x4x4 »

yes I went through those settings as suggested the day that we had the issue. They do not solve the problem as there is still no acknowledgement of the certificate by your software by trying to "fix the firewall" that was not broken in any other application. What solved it was using a competitor product.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Obviously, the connection between Bestsync and the FTP server is blocked by something in your system.
To confirm the guess, please try to disable the windows firewall or something else to see if the problem can be avoided.