BestSync issues browsing directory with many items

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
TBBAdmin

BestSync issues browsing directory with many items

Post by TBBAdmin »

I'm new to using BestSync, and I'm really happy with it except for one aspect. Part of the directory structure I'm dealing with has over 60,000 items in it, and it grows slowly over time. A few months ago, back in the 50,000 items days, when setting up new jobs, if I wanted to browse into the directory structure, it would take over 8 hours to populate the dialog box before I could continue setting up the jobs. It would, however, finally allow me to set it up. Now, with over 60,000 directories in the structure, it still takes over 8 hours (I don't know exactly how long; I start it in the morning and finish the next day), but now when I'm done and click 'ok', it just hangs. The "ok" box starts a one minute countdown, but when it gets to 0, it just starts over again at 59 seconds. I've let that sit for 24 hours with no change before I ended up killing the process and starting over. The temporary workaround I have is to type the fully qualified back directly in the box without browsing, but this is less than ideal. There are long paths with several numbers, and it would be easy to make a mistake this way. I'm using the 64-bit version of BestSync2018 on Windows 2012 server. The drive where the directory structure lives is a local drive. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
Thank you.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: BestSync issues browsing directory with many items

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync 2018 version 13.0.02 has improved the performance of browsing a folder that has large quantity of sub-folders.
Please try the new version.
TBBAdmin

Re: BestSync issues browsing directory with many items

Post by TBBAdmin »

I've downloaded the latest version. I'll be able to install the next time we have some scheduled downtime. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks.