keep on resynching file

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
gracelim

keep on resynching file

Post by gracelim »

hi,
after I upgraded bestsync 2017 on my production, one of the task keep on resync the same files.
the task should only transfer the files after x mins. to the target folder and another task will do the move the files to different folder.
this work fine in 2015 but now it is not. pls help.
pls see attacked file
gracelim

Re: keep on resynching file

Post by gracelim »

attached is the bestsync log screen shot

the source files get transferred again after I move them to another files.
the source file should only transfer newly created file that have not been transferred yet.
source folder is in amazon. what do I need to do correct this. as I could not downgrade it back 2015 since it hit another bug which I previously report here.
Attachments
bestsynclog.GIF
bestsynclog.GIF (47.59 KiB) Viewed 7962 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

I have tested this issue on BestSync 2017, all worked fine.
Please check if you have setup multiple task correctly, so that they will not interfere with each other.
If you want to run multiple tasks one by one, you can use the "Application" setting of the tasks.
gracelim

Post by gracelim »

I noticed that when I used my pc windows10, bestsync download the file and the timestamp got change or converted same as with my pc time and bestsync work normally as it does not copy previous files that have been download.

but in my prod server windows 2003 , bestsync download the file and the timestamp is same as with source folder (ftp server) and bestsync keeps on resynching the files unless the files get deleted from the source .

the task configuration in my pc and windows2003 are the same. pls advise on how shall I go about it

note: user account used to download the files does not have delete privilege in the source dir .

pls see attached file
Attachments
risefly doc4.docx
(127.25 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

I really do not know what happened in your systems, if it is possible, please export the tasks in Windows PC and server to files, then send the files to risefly@risefly.com, so we can debug this issue.
gracelim

Post by gracelim »

request file sent
gracelim

Post by gracelim »

any update?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Thank you for the exported task settings.
I have tested the synchronization of the tasks, all work fine on my PC.
I do not know what happens on your server, it seems that BestSync was unable to detect the timezone of the server (May be it failed to write file to the server or the written file was moved during BestSync detecting the timestamp of the written file). You can avoid the problem by setting the timestamp of the server explicitly like the attached screenshot:
[attachment=0]FTP_TimeZone.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Set FTP timezone
Set FTP timezone
FTP_TimeZone.png (134.29 KiB) Viewed 7928 times