Failed to set time

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
remonb

Failed to set time

Post by remonb »

BestSync (12.0.2.3) Ultimate license
Can somebody help me with this problem. We use it to transfer pictures to a FTP server. (one way synchronization with mirror and detect moved files)
1 of the 20 allready installed installations gives every 30 minutes a log file with result: Failed to set time (the other 19 installations are OK)
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Failed to set time

Post by RiseFly »

"Failed to set time" is because the FTP server does not support this kind of command, such as "SITE UTIME", "MFMT" or "MDTM".
Please use FTP server that supports tone of these commands.
remonb

Post by remonb »

Thank for your answer. At this moment i have 42 installations with BestSync and 1 FTP server. But 1 installation gives these errors.
What setting can i change on the client side to solve this message?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

This warning can not be avoided at the client side, you can just ignore the warning, because the file has been uploaded to the server successfully.
remonb

Post by remonb »

But i receive every 30 minutes a log file and it looks like that he copied the same files every 30 minutes. Maybe you can look in the logfiles
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Because the server does not support setting the time-stamp after uploading a file, (usually BestSync still can synchronize file with this kind of FTP server if the server responses command correctly), this caused BestSync uploads files at the next time.
If you can give us a test account (set it to risefly@risefly.com), we'd like to debug with the FTP server.