Confusing backups

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Confusing backups

Post by RiseFly »

Sorry, we have not received your email that lists the failed file name.
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

But you're checking your mails at risefly@risefly.com??

This was the content:
"Hi,

first of all, thank you for the email address.

Well, the one file I tried to sync with the latest version (12.0.1.1) was the OneNote notebook file that is stored in OneDrive. So the problem is not a not supportable file type but something else.
When I installed the new version (12.0.1.1) and started a task to sync this OneDrive folder with my notebook (only this one file should have been synced to my notebook but it failed), BestSync gave me the error: "400 Bad Request"
In the task settings I checked the option to try failures again, so BestSync started the task a few minutes later once more. Now the error was, that no connection to the server could be started... After a while, BestSync created a backup file, but I don't know what could be in there, because the one file that should be synced is on OneDrive and not on my notebook yet...?!

Well, with the last version (12.0.1.0), all my music (mp3) and img files where uploaded successfully (what didn't work with 12.0.0.7). I checked that by synchronizing a second notebook with a similiar task and try to start a mp3 file. The problem was, that although all files (except 2 files, I will come to that later..) where successfully synchronized, BestSync gave me the errors that I mentioned in the forum thread (take a look at the attached screenshot). And it started creating backup files with 23GB (that is the whole size of my music folder!). This is not the behaviour that I need and want...
The second problem with the older version above was, that 2 files couldn't synced because they where too large (300MB). I have other data that is about 2GB (!) large and I need to sync these too.

Again, I paid 100€ for this software, so it should be taken for granted that synchronization with OneDrive works fine and no data size limits should restrict my tasks!

Maybe I did some wrong settings? Do I have to check the option "copy NTFS rights" ? I don't think this causes the errors but maybe I need to do that..

I would be really pleased to hearing from you soon.
Thank you in anticipation."

And again, the problem is with ALL file types!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Could you please export the task setting to a file, then send it to risefly@risefly.com, so that we can check the setting?
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

How can I do this? Manually by creating screenshots of every setting tab?

EDIT:
I sent the mail with an powerpoint file including screenshots of all settings tabs of the current task.
Thank you in anticipation.
Last edited by Binary91 on Tue May 16, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

There is a [File]/[Export Task] menu.
Select the task in the task list, then click the menu to export the setting of the task to a file.
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

Ok, I sent a second mail with the exported task settings.

Thanks
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

What's up now? Any news?

In case you can't handle correct OneDrive sync as you advertise it, I need to recall my order now, sorry.
How can I contact you to specify my private bank account data? I never get feedback to my mails to risefly@risefly.com...