Android device not detectable

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Binary91

Android device not detectable

Post by Binary91 »

Hi,

I just installed BestSync 2017 Ultimate and tried to set up a task to sync data between my notebook (Windows 10) and my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S7 edge).

As explained in the documentation, I downloaded and installed BestDAV Server on my Android, started it and ran the server. In the settings, auto detection by Bonjour is activated.

Then, I clicked the link in BestSync to download & install Bonjour. When opening the task manager, the bonjour service is running.

The problem now is, that BestSync doesn't detect my Android. Can anyone imagine where the problem is? Am I doing something wrong or do I have to change some settings first?

Thank you in anticipation.

Kind regards,
Binary91
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Android device not detectable

Post by RiseFly »

The service port (UDP 1900) of Apple Bonjour may be blocked by the firewall, please try to add UDP port 1900 to the allowed list of the firewall.
If Android phone can not be found, please just set it manually. The IP address and port are display in the main screen of BestDAV WEBDAV server.
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

Unfortunatelly, it still doesn't work. When synchronizing by manually setting the IP, I have to change it every time when IP changes... that sucks.

Also, I have a much bigger problem:
After trying to get a connection by manually typing the android's IP, only the treeview of my internal memory is shown in BestSync. BUT I have large data to sync so I need access to my external sd card.
I tried lots of combinations. Each time I try to sync a folder from notebook to external sd, I get the error "success:0, failed:1"... Synchronizing the internal memory works just fine, but that is no option for me.
I think, the problem is that BestDAV Server has no rights to access external sd card data... How can I change this on my Android 7.0 (Nougat version) ?

If there is no way to solve this, I unfortunatelly have to cancel the order and need to try another sync software.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If you want to synchronize with the an upper folder, please set to an upper home directory in the setting of BestDAV.
But if the android device is not rooted, BestDAV may not be able to write file to external SD card.

For the problem that Android device can not be detected, please give us time to investigate it.
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

"If you want to synchronize with the an upper folder, please set to an upper home directory in the setting of BestDAV."

I already did that and set home directory to root ("/"). It still has no rights to access the ext. SD.

"But if the android device is not rooted, BestDAV may not be able to write file to external SD card."

Well, if I root my android device, what do I have to do to set up the needed rights?

I also thought about using adb.exe to set the ext. SD to additional internal memory. The problem with that is, that my ext. SD is slow and the whole smartphone would be slow then...