Uninstall

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
paulkerr66

Uninstall

Post by paulkerr66 »

Hi, I'm trying to do a clean install of BestSync, but when I try to uninstall Bestsync2012 It comes up with "There was a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run" I have Window 10 pro Version 1511 OS build 10586.164

I have tried the following

Please open the command prompt windows first by administrator privilege, then change the current directory to the folder where the installer file is.

1. Uninstall BestSync
msiexec.exe /l* install.log /x BestSyncSetup.msi

After running the command the log file is empty

Also in the folder is a file install.log.err
which contains;
C:\Program Files\RiseFly\BestSync\BestSyncApp.exe
C:\Program Files\RiseFly\BestSync\BestSyncMail.dll

Thanks
Paul
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Uninstall

Post by RiseFly »

Because Bestsync2012 is a very old version, its installer may need old Windows Installer that may not be supported by Windows 10.
If you can not uninstall BestSync2012, you can just stop BestSync application and service, and delete the installed folder.
After you install and uninstall BestSync 2016, all the registry keys will be cleaned. But you need to search for the old installer key of BestSync 2012 at the following registry folder, then delete the old installer item.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer]