Bug: attibutes of Outlook contact folders are not preserved

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
BramvanLeeuwen

Bug: attibutes of Outlook contact folders are not preserved

Post by BramvanLeeuwen »

I detected a nasty bug in the synchronization of Outlook contacts.:
I created a new folder for contacts in Outlook 2010. It was called: Bosch & Vaartkoor. I tried to synchronize the Personal folders in Outlook with another Windows 8 computer with Outlook 2013. The contacts of the folder were synchronized, but on the Outlook 2013 machine they remained invisible. The folder was was copied to Outlook 2013 (with the mediation of a ftp site. Sync Outlook2010-> ftp-site->Outlook 2013) See the attachment of the screen copy of Outlook 2010 after I synchr. again. The ‘nature’ of the folder changed from ‘folder containing contacts’ (white icon :bussines card) to ‘regular folder’ (yellow rectangular folder icon).
The nasty side is that Outlook 2013 does not show the ‘regular folders’ and the way to delete these 'regular'folders is blocked. In 2010 they are visible, you can select them and delete. But in Outlook 2013 I didn’t see a way to delete these ghost folders. I had to replace the pst file: Arghh.
(By the way, do you know a way to delete these folders in Outlook 2013, maybe I overlooked somehing. In 2010 ist was click the folder, select and delete, but you cannot click on an invisible folder) :?
Attachments
Screen copy of different items and folders in Outlook contacts
Screen copy of different items and folders in Outlook contacts
Outlook contacts.PNG (7.31 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Bug: attibutes of Outlook contact folders are not preser

Post by RiseFly »

Sorry for replying you late.
BestSync uses MAPI to synchronize Outlook, but the MAPI only supports to create the "Generic Folder". To avoid this problem, please do not create folder under "contacts".