Protecting files during FTP transfer

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
ashaman99

Protecting files during FTP transfer

Post by ashaman99 »

My FTP site has a process that is kicked off when a certain file extension is detected in the incoming folder. In order to ensure that the files being transferred to the FTP folder are not accessed by this process until they are finished uploading, I need to either protect the file by creating a lock folder during the transfer, and then move the files out of that folder, or the ability to rename the file once it has been successfully uploaded. Does BestSync support either of those options?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Protecting files during FTP transfer

Post by RiseFly »

If you check "Copy Options"/"Use intermediate file during copy.(....)" option, BestSync will use a temporary file name (_BS8_XXXXXX.BS_) to upload the file to FTP server. After the transfer completes, BestSync renames the a temporary file name (_BS8_XXXXXX.BS_) to the target name.
So you can just let your process monitor and work on the certain file type, need not to worry about whether or not the file is being uploaded.
ashaman99

Re: Protecting files during FTP transfer

Post by ashaman99 »

That's just what I needed, thanks!