Long Time to sync files Folder-SFTP(time-zone diff 12 hours)

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Sandeep

Long Time to sync files Folder-SFTP(time-zone diff 12 hours)

Post by Sandeep »

Hi,

I have created a Folder to Network Folder sync task which synchronizes a folder's contents to a SFTP server which is in different time-zone(~ 12 hours ). For synchronizing a single file (11kb), it took 1hour 40 minutes. The internet speed which I get is around 250kbps. I am using BestSync 2013 v8.0.6.2(64 bit). I have around 6000files and 4500 folders. Total size of the local folder is 127Gb which is already in sync with SFTP server. Is this an expected behavior?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Long Time to sync files Folder-SFTP(time-zone diff 12 ho

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync should not be so slow, please check if the server has any setting to limit the speed.
Sandeep

Post by Sandeep »

The speed which is available to that server is 180 kbps. I was talking about the scanning speed not about the file transfer rate. I believe earlier it was scanning both sides for changes. Now I have enabled the option in which it only scans local files for changes. After this change when I started the task it again started copying all the files to SFTP. I am waiting for this to complete. If you can suggest me options that will increase the scan rate then it will be helpful.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The scanning speed is in direct proportion to the number of children directories.
For reducing the scanning time, you can set more thread number in the copy options if the server allows.
Or You can divide the task to multiple tasks, each task sync with a sub-directory, this can improve the scanning speed.
Or try to reduce the number of the sub-directories under the folder.