Trouble with 1 file

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
tlhawkins

Trouble with 1 file

Post by tlhawkins »

I have BestSync2013 and I'm using it to synchronize files to a dev server as I develop a website in Visual Studio 2008. I have it set to Monitor File Changes and upload them as they change. It's been working well and saving me a lot of clicks until it got to one file that it just refuses to upload. The file is a CSS file, not sure that matters but maybe? The error it gives is "Failed verification." that's not much to go on.
I've tried erasing that file from the server and allowing BestSync to upload it but it still fails and leaves the temp file on the server, the latest one is:
_BS8_6R47X2VMILHAC_5d91_01_00_MD5_92eb5ffee6ae2fec3ad71c777531578f_MJTF63LBON2GK4RSGAYTELTDOM.BS_.css

Is there anything I can try to get this file uploading correctly?
Thanks
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with 1 file

Post by RiseFly »

What file system are you using, FTP, WebDAV or something else?
Sometimes, increase the "Retry times" of the "Copy Options"/"Recover from fail conditions" can resolve this issue.
tlhawkins

Post by tlhawkins »

It's just a plain FTP. I had the retry on 10 and it just took longer to fail. I seem to remember something about needing to use passive FTP with this server I'm going to try a few settings to see if I can get it working better. It seems like a great tool, just need it to upload all the files :)

Thanks for replying.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please confirm if you are using the binary mode in "Advanced..." setting of the folder. If it is not Binary Mode, please select the Binary mode.