Strange files after FTP sync

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
InteractM

Strange files after FTP sync

Post by InteractM »

I have create sync rule to send local files from a PC to the FTP account. Everything looks fine, except few failed verification messages, but when I went to the FTP account I can see a lot of files which looks like _BS8_QCML4GL37TGAC_047E_01_00_MD5_8FA14CDD754F91CC6554C9E71929CCE7_MZTGMLLUNFWWKLTJMNXQ.BS_

Also when I will remove all on the FTP server and try to sync files to an empty FTP server I'm getting that error:

winsock:Receive::Error.:error:(0x00002736):An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.

Any clue what are those files and why they are synced to the FTP server, when didn't exist on a source folder?

Thanks
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Strange files after FTP sync

Post by RiseFly »

"_BS8_XXXXX" files are intermediate files, they are remained if the upload is interrupted because of network error or something else, BestSync resumes the file transfer from these files at the next synchronization, or deletes these file if they can not be resumed.

"winsock:Receive::Error.:error:(0x00002736):An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket." may be a occasional error cause by the communication environment, you can just ignore it. If this error lasts, please start the preview of the task, and save the log message to a file, then send the file to risefly(a)risefly.com, so it can give us any hint to analyse the problem.