All files deleted

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
faluxbkk

All files deleted

Post by faluxbkk »

Hello all,

I just purchased BestSync 2013 after trying it for some time. My first test run did not go well, I set to two-way with Delete the remained ... and all files were deleted from original instead added to new folder.

Why is it deleting when the file is not there instead adding it the other side? If I set to copy instead it's impossible to delete a file? What is the setting here that only deleted files will be deleted? Any Help?

Edit: Forgot to mention, what I'm looking for is the Mirror option, but it's not selectable.

Thanks in advance
Mike

P.S. Yes I searched the forum first.
P.P.S. I made a manual backup before the test, so no files are really lost.
yukon116

Re: All files deleted

Post by yukon116 »

This going to be interesting as we are experiencing the same issue and looking forward to get a solution on this. We also gone through the forums and made sure it wasn’t related to any kind of firewall issues or networks issues. We also want to have “mirror” copy on our secondary site.

Thanks,
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello Mike,
If you want to synchronize the folders in two way mode, and delete only the files that are deleted. Mainly you can setup the task like this:
1. In the "General" tab, select the "Synchronization Direction" to two-way sync.
2. In the "Delete" tab, "When files in one side are deleted...." group, select "Delete: Delete the remained files form other side".
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello yukon116:
If you want to mirror Folder1 to Folder2 , just setup the task like the following:
1. In the "General" tab, select the "Synchronization Direction" to one-way sync from Folder1 to Folder2.
2. In the "Delete" tab, "When files in one side are deleted...." group, select "Mirror: Delete files from the target folder ....".
faluxbkk

Post by faluxbkk »

Thanks for the quick reply.

That's exactly what I did, but it deleted all originals from Location 1.
Do I need to copy first time manually?

Edit: I think I got it. The first time backup, must copy absent files. After that, can set to delete...

Still learning. My goal is to synchronize 3 computers into one network drive and that drive will backup to cloud ...
yukon116

Post by yukon116 »

Thanks for your reply,
Sorry for the confusion in my last post. We want two way sync. I already did this step but it deleted a lot of files on the first site.

RiseFly wrote:
> Hello Mike,
> If you want to synchronize the folders in two way mode, and delete only the files
> that are deleted. Mainly you can setup the task like this:
> 1. In the "General" tab, select the "Synchronization Direction" to two-way sync.
> 2. In the "Delete" tab, "When files in one side are deleted...." group, select
> "Delete: Delete the remained files form other side".
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello faluxbkk,

If the task is in two way sync, it will not delete the files at the first time sync. the task will detect "File deletion" from the second time sync.
Have you copied&pasted the task, or modified the task from an old task? so it does not have the "first time"?

Best regards
faluxbkk

Post by faluxbkk »

I think I have changed the settings a few times before I started the first time, so maybe that was the problem.

To fix it I have set to one way, made 1 backup and then changed to 2-way. After that it worked well. (I did not see anything about first time).