BestSync Upgrades Annoyances

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mcjathan

BestSync Upgrades Annoyances

Post by mcjathan »

Hello Jean-Pierre, I've encountering a couple of annoyances whenever I upgrade BestSync:

1) See the 1st attached screen-shot below. During the installation, this message is displayed. I don't know what process to close to avoid this problem. FYI, I'm using Windows 7 Pro x64 and I am using BestSync 32-bit.

2) See the 2nd attached screen-shot below of the BestSync "General Options". I currently disable the "Start BestSync when window starts" option. However, whenever I upgrade BestSync, this control is always re-enabled. While upgrading, one of the finals steps of the upgrade process asks if I want BestSync started up in the registry. I always uncheck that box. Please fix this.

Regards,

Jeff
Attachments
2013-04-03_115535.png
2013-04-03_115535.png (5.51 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
2013-04-03_140051.png
2013-04-03_140051.png (10.81 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: BestSync Upgrades Annoyances

Post by RiseFly »

Hello Jeff,

1) See the 1st attached screen-shot below. During the installation, this message is displayed. I don't know what process to close to avoid this problem. FYI, I'm using Windows 7 Pro x64 and I am using BestSync 32-bit.
> This dialog box is because BestSync Shell Extension is being used by Windows Explorer, you can just ignore this dialog box by press the "Continue" button.

2) See the 2nd attached screen-shot below of the BestSync "General Options". I currently disable the "Start BestSync when window starts" option. However, whenever I upgrade BestSync, this control is always re-enabled. While upgrading, one of the finals steps of the upgrade process asks if I want BestSync started up in the registry. I always uncheck that box. Please fix this.
>After being installed, at the first time BestSync is started, BestSync will always try to add itself to the task scheduler to auto-start itself. This is by design now, may be need an option for this action in the future version, but at the current stage, please uncheck the auto-start option after re-install BestSync.

Best regards