Outlook "Mystery" Folders

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
rvacha

Outlook "Mystery" Folders

Post by rvacha »

I am syncing between two machines. Both run Office 2013 x64, both have version 8.0.3.2 x64 installed, both run Windows 8 x64, and the sync is to a folder on Windows Home Server 2011. Sync runs well, except for a random problem. Sometimes mystery E-mail subfolders will be created in one Outlook or the other. Sometimes these folders have no displayed names, other times they are randomly numbered, meaning the folder might be named 1, or 7, etc. If I right-click on any of these folders options will be Copy "<0w#25>", Delete "<0w#25>", etc. No E-mails are lost, they are just sometimes placed in these mystery subfolders instead of the root folder. There are only E-mail items and notes in both Outlooks

Any idea what is going wrong?
rvacha

Re: Outlook "Mystery" Folders

Post by rvacha »

One other thing I should mention is that once a mystery folder is created in one Outlook, it will not be created in the other Outlook even after several syncs

Add: The 0w#25 issue is fairly common per internet searches. The only explanation for them is "ghost pst". As best as I can tell if a ghost pst is present then you will see two outlook files in folder view. I only have one visible in folder view, so I do not think that is my problem. Nonetheless the fix is to delete the Outlook Profile and create a new one so I tried that and the mystery folders are still being randomly created - but only after a sync