FTP Timeout / Heartbeat Problems

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mcjathan

FTP Timeout / Heartbeat Problems

Post by mcjathan »

Jean-Pierre,

I seem to be experiencing new time-out problems when BestSync is communicating with my remote FTP server. I've had problems with this in the past, but these problems seemed to be resolved after you added the "heartbeat" feature (a few months ago?).

Has any of the heartbeat features been changed in recent BestSync releases?

Best regards,

Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: FTP Timeout / Heartbeat Problems

Post by RiseFly »

Hello Jeff,

The "Heart Beat" feature has not been changed in the recent release, include BestSync 2013.
If the connection timeout, can the file be resumed from the last break-point at the next retry time?

Jean-Pierre
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

Hello Jean-Pierre,

How often (in seconds or minutes) is the heartbeat sent? 10 seconds? Other?

Also, another question regarding the heartbeat: For a given FTP task, if you go to the "Copy Options" tab, there is the contol "Process multiple files simultaneously", and also the "Maximum thread number". Does the heartbeat logic in Bestsync change depending on the "Maximum thread number"?

Regards,

Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello Jeff,

The heat-beat timer is about 10 minutes. This heat-beat command (NOOP) is sent for each session.
"Process multiple files simultaneously", and "Maximum thread number" option does not affect this action.

Best Regards
Jean-Pierre