save task to desktop

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
sirslinky

save task to desktop

Post by sirslinky »

Hi,
I'm wondering if it is possible to save a task to the desktop. My son is 8 and plays games, so after each game I want him to back up (problems = tears) but he is forgetting to do it.

I know I can schedule tasks but it doesn't help if the PC is off and the game is played sporadically - much better to back up after each game ( I only have a limited or basic license so I can't do auto backups when a file changes).

The presence of a backup link on my son's desktop might help.

It's not an important issue ... just one of those things that would make life a little easier if available.

cheers
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: save task to desktop

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,

You can create a batch file, put the batch file on the desktop. In the batch file, input the following command line to start the Sync-task.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\RiseFly\BestSync\BestSyncApp.exe" /sync:S(TaskID)
TaskID is the ID of the task, it is displayed in the general setting tab of the task.
If your OS is 64Bit, changed the command line like the following'
"C:\Program Files\RiseFly\BestSync\BestSyncApp.exe" /sync:S(TaskID)

When you want to run the task, just double-click the batch file.

Best Regards
sirslinky

Post by sirslinky »

great suggestion - thank you.

I did find a workaround which is to export the tasks/project and keep it on the desktop. However every time I run it it creates a temp file. DOes the job but messy.

The batch task sounds great. If I have more than one task do I need to create multiple entries in the batch file?

cheers
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If you want the batch file start multiple tasks, you can start multiple tasks in one command line:
"C:\Program Files\RiseFly\BestSync\BestSyncApp.exe" /sync:S(TaskID1),S(TaskID2)...
sirslinky

Post by sirslinky »

I've created a batch file (attached as upload). I think I have done everything correctly but I must have done something wrong.

When I run the batch it opens bestsync but bestsync does not do anything. I have to manually run the task.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT _ I should point out that the task ID are correct numbers

cheers
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,

If BestSync is running "As Administrator", the batch file must be also "Run as administrator" to inform BestSync to start the task specified in the batch file.
This is required by Windows7/8.

Best regards