Protection Password not saved

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
arjanm

Protection Password not saved

Post by arjanm »

We are trying to protect BetSync (Ver8.0.1.9(32Bit)) against other users and limit the access to a small group.

After filling in the password and saving the project, I exit bestsync. Only the service is still running at this point. When I open BestSync again it doesn't ask me for a password and the password field at Option/Protection is empty.
The same is with the e-mail fields. After filling in the server and portnumber, saving, exit en starting again this setting is also gone.

What goes wrong?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Protection Password not saved

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,
Thank you for report the problem.
We have confirmed this is a bug of BestSync 2013, and have fixed it in version 8.0.20. Please download and try the new version.
arjanm

Post by arjanm »

New version installed.
Again the service was installed without the path. ImagePath=BestSyncSvc.exe instead of C:\Program Files\RiseFly\BestSync\BestSyncSvc.exe.

It looks like the password and mailserver is save this time.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync Ver8.0.24 has fixed the problem (Service Install Path is BestSyncSvc.exe instaed of C:\Program Files\RiseFly\BestSync\BestSyncSvc.exe);
Please download and try the new version.