Device not ready

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Homera1

Device not ready

Post by Homera1 »

Hi there,
I am using Bestsync to syncronise between an internal drive and an external backup drive (WD - My Book Live over a lan via a switch)

I have tried several options and no matter what I try I cannot get Bestsync to connect to the WD MyBookLive from startup. It seems to forget the password from what I can work out.

I have the WD-MyBookLive set as a network share G:\ and the MyBookLive is a private share. When I reboot my system, Bestsync says that for the MBL 'Device not ready'. I can see the drive in explorer and it is available but not in Bestsync. I have tried the drive as a folder, netwrok share and an FTP connection and they all behave the same.

The only way I can get it to work is to click on the properties for the back up and try and open the share and when it asks for the login and password I enter it. Once I have entered it once it works the whole time my PC is on, But once I turn my PC off the problem re-occurs. When set a s anetwork share I enter the username and password in the properties, but as it is not a servcie I don;t enter the impersonate info.

Am I missing something? It is not running as a service and happens in both manual and auto mode.

many thanks
Alan
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Device not ready

Post by RiseFly »

The symptom means that BestSync can not log into the network drive/folder by the account that you specified in the "Browser Folder" dialogbox.

Please check if you have specified the correct user name and password like the following screenshot.
[attachment=0]NasLogon.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Logon shared folder
Logon shared folder
NasLogon.png (50.42 KiB) Viewed 2966 times