BestSync Doesn't Execute Tasks Sequentially

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mcjathan

BestSync Doesn't Execute Tasks Sequentially

Post by mcjathan »

BestSync does not remember when I check the option to run scheduled tasks sequentially. Everytime I set this option, then reboot the computer, and then run BestSync, the option is cleared.

Jean-Pierre, can you reproduce this? If so, please make BestSync “remember” this option.

FYI, I don’t know if BestSync is having problems remembering any other options – this is the only option I’ve noticed that has a problem.

Also, it appears that BestSync does not run the tasks sequentially. When I do make sure the option (above) is set, and then choose the “Start All Checked Tasks in Current Tab” option, the tasks appear to run concurrently instead of sequentially. Please see the attached *.png file for more details.
Attachments
BestSync Doesn't Execute Tasks Sequentially.png
BestSync Doesn't Execute Tasks Sequentially.png (170.46 KiB) Viewed 5373 times
mcjathan

Re: BestSync Doesn't Execute Tasks Sequentially

Post by mcjathan »

Jean-Pierre,

I see that v8.0.0.8 fixed the problem with BestSync not remembering some global settings. However, it appears that v8.0.0.8 still syncs the tasks concurrently instead of sequentially. Can you reproduce this problem?

Regards,

Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,

Version 8.0.0.0 has fixed the problem that the some global settings were not remembered.
But the "Run Task Sequentially" option only functions when the tasks are started by the scheduler, if the tasks are started by clicking the menu or toolbar button, the tasks will be started immediately. If you want to start the tasks one by one, use can use the "Application" setting to run tasks after a task.
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

I want to start all tasks manually by hitting the button on the main interface (see the attachment), AND I want them to run sequentially and not concurrently.

I now understand that the general option “Start All Checked Tasks in Current Tab” doesn't apply to tasks started manually. However, I don't understand what you mean when you said:

"If you want to start the tasks one by one, use can use the 'Application' setting to run tasks after a task."

Please explain: what do you mean by 'Application' setting?
Attachments
2012-12-26_071948.png
2012-12-26_071948.png (51.58 KiB) Viewed 5348 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

You can use the following "Application" setting to run other tasks after a task is synchronized.
[attachment=0]SyncTaskID.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Sync another task after sync
Sync another task after sync
SyncTaskID.png (17.99 KiB) Viewed 5327 times