Scheduled in queue...

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
abe1001

Scheduled in queue...

Post by abe1001 »

Hello.
I have a task that runs every 10 min. It copies files from a server on our network to the D: drive on my computer. Every once in a while the task hangs with the message "Scheduled in queue...". I'm wondering what this means and why it happens?

Kind regards
Arne
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Scheduled in queue...

Post by RiseFly »

Please click "Option"/"Option" menu, "General Option"/"General" dialog box, please check if "Run scheduled task sequentially" option is checked.
If the option is not checked, the cause of "Scheduled in queue..." is that the preparing time such as logging in to server is long.
arjanm

Post by arjanm »

We are running four jobs every minute and are also expering that all jobs are stuck with "Scheduled in Queue".
The option "Run scheduled task Sequentially" is set, but still all jobs are runned within 1 second. It looks like the sequential option doesn't work.

Any ideas?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

When "Run scheduled task Sequentially" is set, all the tasks started by the schedule will be ran one by one.
If any task is running, other started tasks are displayed in "Scheduled in Queue".
If a task is started by the menu or toolbar button, it is ran immediately.
arjanm

Post by arjanm »

I still have the problem. As long as I run it in the TaskList all jobs run perfectly every minute without any problem.
As soon as I change them to run under the service they are freezing with "Schedule in Queue".
Server is rebooted, Service is Uninstalled and Reinstalled. License is activated. What else can be the problmen or how can I pinpoint this problem. The logs are saying nothing.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please try to uncheck "Run scheduled task Sequentially" option in the Global "Option" to see if the tasks can run successfully.
arjanm

Post by arjanm »

This morning I installed version 8.0.1.9. Until now everthing is running as it should be and is the sollution for my problem.
During the installation of 8.0.1.9 the service was installed, but only with a "path to executable" BestSyncSvc.exe. The service failed to start. After adding C:\Program Files\RiseFly\BestSync\ via the registry the service started. This happend on both our bestsync systems.

Thanks for your support. Problem solved.
arjanm

Post by arjanm »

Unfortunately, the problem returned. :evil:
The problem seems to occur randomly. At first I thought it was because of too many log files, but it is not.
Sometimes it works for a few hours and sometimes it freezes after a few minutes already.