realtime synchronization

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Vojc

realtime synchronization

Post by Vojc »

Good day, I am a new user of your software.
I am pleased with all the options, but I use your software to move large amounts of multimedia files between network drive and a large SAN with 50 users.
In doing so, I noticed that when someone render the file directly to the SAN disk (wav file) it happens the bestsync2012 immediately copy a file who has not been completed.
If an application who creates a wav to SAN storage makes a pause in recording of file, on the other side a file generated by the best sync 2012 copy still growing and at the end of synchronization the original and the copy can also vary more 100 MB. This happens when using a realtime synchronization.
I think the solution is relatively easy, to add a brake to transfer starts after 10 or 30 seconds(maybe 1 minute) when the file size does not change anymore.
Another thing is, when using the delete source after copying the folders are deleted on the source side. This could solved to add in the delete menu option where you can choose to leave the original folder and delete only files.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: realtime synchronization

Post by RiseFly »

For the real-time issue, how about use the "Ignore the file if it is changed in less than ...." option as the attached bitmap?
[attachment=0]Wz_Delay.png[/attachment]

If you do not want to remove empty folder, please put a mark file like donot_remove.dotr in the folder, and exclude "*.dotr" type in the "Filter" tab.
Attachments
Delay-Realtime-Sync
Delay-Realtime-Sync
Wz_Delay.png (27.73 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
Vojc

Post by Vojc »

Thank's for quick response.
One problem is solved with use "Ignore the file if it is changed in less than ...." option.
The second problem is a little more complex. Now with BestSync2012 filter only specific file extensions copy to another location.
The filter option is include or exclude, but both need to choose to work copying files which I want to copy and to act protection against deleting folders.
[attachment=0]File filter.jpg[/attachment]
Regards
Vojc
Attachments
File filter.jpg
File filter.jpg (124.6 KiB) Viewed 5132 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If you have ticked "Exclude the designated types above" option, please add "*.dotr" into the filter types.
If you have not ticked "Exclude the designated types above" option, do not add "*.dotr" into the filter types, just put "*.dotr" in the sub-folders that you do not want to be removed. Because "*.dotr" files will not be copied or removed, so the sub-folders will be preserved.
Vojc

Post by Vojc »

Thank's