BestSync Doesn't Email Log on Failure

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
mcjathan

BestSync Doesn't Email Log on Failure

Post by mcjathan »

Earlier today I posted a topic titled "BestSync Doesn't Like File Names with Commas". For this task within BestSync, I have enabled both "Send log data by e-mail", and "Send e-mail only when there are failed files". However, when this task failed to sync the multiple files, no email was sent by BestSync.

FYI, when setting up the Email in the General Options, I made sure to use the "Test" button to verify that everything was setup correctly. The "Test" button DID generate the test email properly from BestSync.

Jean-Pierre, can you duplicate this problem?

Regards, Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: BestSync Doesn't Email Log on Failure

Post by RiseFly »

Please specify the target email address in the test dialog box to see if the email can arrive to target address.
If the task is set to run as Windows Service, please also add "BestSyncSvc.exe" to the exception list of the firewall and anti-spam software.
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

I did as you instructed: I specified the target email address in the test dialog box and the test email is sent and received properly.

I'm not running BestSync tasks as a service this point, but I did add "BestSyncSvc.exe" to the exception list of my firewall. FYI, my firewall pops up a message if a firewall rule doesn't exist for an application.

I checked my spam trap as well (I'm very familiar with tracking down email that has wrongly be put in a spam folder).

It appears to me that the email log on Failure isn't working properly. What else do you suggest?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

We have fixed an authentication problem when send email.
Please download the new version 7.3.16, the new version will log the error to the general log file. You can find the error if it fails to send the email.
mcjathan

Post by mcjathan »

Jean-Pierre,

Is there a way that I can deliberately cause BestSync to create a sync error so that I can test this "Email Log on Failure" feature?

FYI, I have setup my SMTP email configuration to require SSL, and to use a non-standard port (465). I wonder if that is somehow causing the problem.

Regards,

Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

May be you can use the following tool to lock a file before synchronizing it. If VSS is not used, the copy action will be failed.
http://www.risefly.com/LockFile.zip
The fail will cause the email be sent.