Alreay many files on Amazon S3,how to avoid sync these file?

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
i-Ask

Alreay many files on Amazon S3,how to avoid sync these file?

Post by i-Ask »

I have already uploaded many files into Amazon S3 by "S3 management Console", at first time after setup the task, BestSync try to download these files, how to avoid this action.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Alreay many files on Amazon S3,how to avoid sync these f

Post by RiseFly »

Because Amazon S3 has not a feaure to preserve the timestamp of the uploaded file, Bestsync uses a custom meta data called "x-amz-meta-lastmodified" to preserve the last modified time stamp. And custom meta data can not be modified after the file is uploaded.
If the file is not uploaded by BestSync, then the file has not "x-amz-meta-lastmodified" meta data, the “Last modified” filed of original amazon S3 is just the time when the file is uploaded, so BestSync thinks it is a new file and will download it to the local folder.
To avoid the problem, and you are sure that the file in Amazon S3 is updated, you can use the following menu to synchronize the time stamp only:
[attachment=1]SynchronizeTimestamp.png[/attachment]
Please note because the "x-amz-meta-lastmodified" can not be modified after file is uploaded, you must use “” to copy the timestamp from Amazon S3 to the local folder.
[attachment=0]ChangeTime.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Synchronize Timestamp
Synchronize Timestamp
SynchronizeTimestamp.png (30.62 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
Change Copy timestamp
Change Copy timestamp
ChangeTime.png (21.08 KiB) Viewed 4059 times