Problem with S3 synchronization

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
24Seven

Problem with S3 synchronization

Post by 24Seven »

I'm having troubles with the S3 synchronization. First, I have a bucket with name akin to: aaa-aaaaaaaaa.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.aaa. Using this bucket, I cannot use the explore button (after I've entered my Access key and Secret key) and even if I enter a static path, the synchronization claims it succeeds even though nothing is actually getting written to S3.

The system on which this is running is Windows 2008 R2. I did run regcloud.bat as an Administrator. The bucket is located in Northern CA.

The error I get when browsing is:
Error The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Problem with S3 synchronization

Post by RiseFly »

If your version is not the lastest version (7.2.XX), please download and install it, then try to sync the task again.
24Seven

Post by 24Seven »

Already tried that. This is happening with 7.2.21.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

I have tested S3 Synchronization feature on Windows 2008 R2 (64Bit) without any problem.
Please start the Preview of the task to see if it can give you more detailed log.
denovo

Post by denovo »

After using BestSync for several months, we started testing its synchronization with Amazon S3 (before that we weres using TNTdriver for mapping the Amazon Bucket to a local directory).
Even when one task is working (synchronizing less than 10 small files), it is failing for all other tasks (5) synchronizing with Amazon S3 which have a few big files or many small files with some big files.
Coincidentally, the task running successfully was created recently, while the other tasks were created a long time ago.

We will continue testing, this time recreating some of the failing tasks, but obviously the explanation is not how many files are synchronized.

Even more important is the fact that just trying to browse the Amazon Bucket or running the task crashes the application or the service (if running as a service task).

We are using BestSync x64 7.2.2.5, but we could go back if necessary.

David
denovo

Post by denovo »

Just adding more information...

After recreating the same task which is still running successfully, it crashed again BestSync...

So, it looks like the new version of BestSync is saving the tasks incorrectly and it stopped loading some old tasks correctly.

Help!

David
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

We have confirmed that this problem is caused by .NET interoperation component of Windows in multiple thread.
We have rewritten the S3 synchronization feature by C++, the problem must have been fixed.
Please download and try version 7.3.00.